Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Aslan Keeping....

 Aslan keeping a close eye on little Opal as she finally ventures out further into the garden.
With Maple the dominate hen giving Opal in particular a very difficult time she tends to stay in the night box a lot during the day, so when I saw her approaching the house for the first time I was very happy.

Settling new chickens in is always a difficult process to watch, as hens can be really cruel, allowing them to find their own balance and not interfering too much is slowly paying off.
Opal has quickly become my favourite, she loves a cuddle and a is quite happy to be picked up and snuggle against me when I need to get her out of Maples way.


Although she tended to stay near the bushy safety of the garden it still was a big step forward for such a tiny chicken........






2 comments:

William Kendall said...

They seem like such characters.

Gemel said...

They really are!