Thursday, November 28, 2019

An Australian Ringneck....

 An Australian ringneck parrot enjoying some acacia seeds for breakfast this morning.

Normally these birds come to the garden in large groups, this morning though only a couple were enjoying the seed pods.
They are striking birds, and I use to think that they were quite destructive in the garden, often pruning things that I didn't really want to be cut back.
However the parrots will tend to prune plants they feel need to be pruned snipping off bits of the plant here and there, having noted over the past few months the way that they tend to the snipping of plants I realised that they maybe doing me a favour.

A few months ago they pruned all of the coleus plants in the garden, they touched nothing else just the coleus, at the time I was a tad miffed as a few of the plants were young and just beginning to settle into the space where I had planted them, now though all the plants are thriving and have bushed out, so I am thinking, leave nature to take care of nature......



3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!

Sharon said...

I love it!

Gemel said...

Thank you both. Never a quiet moment in my garden.