Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Not Being Put Off...

Not being put off by a bit of rain I set off to walk from Farrell Grove to Golden View Lookout in Paulls Valley after I had dried off in the car. Again, I ended up soaked but I found this invigorating rather than off putting. The path wasn't easy to find as this trail has overgrown in some parts and I improvised a couple of times through the brush, fallen logs often laying over the path had me diverting a few times.
Reaching the South Ledge, I was greeted with a bird's eye view of the weather rolling in, taking refuge under canopies when the showers got heavy. 
Again, the understory was vastly different from the last place I visited, and here I also spotted the first flowers of the wet season beginning to bloom. I stopped to move a butterfly laying in the middle of the track to safety after it spent a few minutes refusing to move from my hand. Once settled on a small plant I continued on my way...

































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

Gemel said...

Thank you.