Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Kangaroos...

Kangaroos are always a welcomed sight to see when out in the bush, they are not normally as friendly as the small group I happened across yesterday though. I was able to stand next to these magnificent beauties as they grazed. One looked quite old and appeared rather bony, her face had quite a sad expression. Not wanting to disturb them too much I left them to continue foraging grateful for this encounter.

I set off following a new path in John Forest National Park, there are a few more tracks I have yet to explore, this one is the first of many new hikes to be taken, with the wet and cooler weather now here it is safe for meanders out into the bush.

The foliage here is really dense, the bush in parts a tangle of green with no clear tracks in sight. Many stunning granite outcrops could be seen, exploring them is an adventure for another day. 
Already flowers are beginning to appear, the wave of blooms continuing now until the summer months are with us again.

Forgetting my raincoat had me returning sooner than expected as I got drenched in a shower, actually being in the rain was really quite refreshing.
 Returning to the car I found the kangaroos were still nibbling away so I stopped to admire them before heading off...









































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

They really are beautiful animals.

Gemel said...

They really are beautiful gentle beings.