Saturday, April 29, 2023

A Short Visit...

A short visit to Coal Dam Park to see if I would be lucky enough to see some of the resident South-Western snake-necked turtles. 
As it happened there were quite a lot moving around beneath the surface, yet it did prove difficult to capture them due to the light, however I did manage a couple of decent photos.
 There was a lot of movement under the surface which I enjoyed watching in the warm sunshine. They are fascinating creatures and I always feel somewhat privileged to see them. 
More native flowers were blooming here adding a flash of colour on the banks of the small lake. 
And much to my delight I discovered a couple of mushrooms sprouting up from the fallen leaves...






















 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good action shots with the birds.

Gemel said...

Thank you.