Tuesday, April 11, 2023

As The Evening...

As the evening drew closer the rose chested cockatoos were busy doing unrequired pruning in the trees, perhaps in protest that delectable goodies were not on offer! The more brazen of the flock are not fazed by my presence, some even giving me a stern look as I passed. They were all through the garden in the trees, wherever I turn a hint of pink could be seen. And the proof of their destructive nature in the garden lay strewn on the ground.
A tiny pardalote was busily hunting for insects, moving quickly as it chased its prey, these are glorious little birds which have nested in the garden for around 8 years now. Hard to catch a glimpse of, but I always know they are around as I hear their calls frequently...































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Pretty, but ungrateful!

Gemel said...

Yes, they are beautiful birds but so destructive int he garden.