Monday, September 14, 2020

Two Redcap Parrots....

Two redcap parrots have become regular visitors to my magical garden realm over the past year, only found in the south west corner of Western Australia and nowhere else in the world these are very unique birds, sadly though they are an endangered species so having two visiting regularly I am doing my bit to ensure that this pair continue to come to the garden to feed and have a safe place to spend their days.

They are hard to photograph as they are very shy, I grabbed my phone when I saw them from my bedroom window yesterday morning not wanting to fiddle about getting my camera, they blend in with their surroundings perfectly, you can see glimpses of them as they happily forage for their breakfast of seeds.
Unfortunately the zoom on my phone isn't the best.

They are getting nearer to the cottage when they feed, here they are enjoying the flowers of my apricot glow grevillea growing in the front garden I am trusting that like the rest of my regular garden visitors they will get to know me and not feel the need to fly off when they see me approaching.
My plan was to get more native grasses in the garden now the trees are getting taller, these birds do feed on lots of different grasses so it's back to the plant nursery I go.  

As it was the joy their appearance brought to my heart was enough to infuse the whole day with gratitude, such beautiful and rare birds finding their way here. 

Having rare birds finding their way to my garden is what my vision was all about, to provide food and a sanctuary for native birds and insects and my resident bandicoots who toddles around in the night, the variety of plants entices different birds and critters to investigate the garden and as the garden thrives it continues to draw more varieties of birds and insects to visit.

Humans really do need to become aware of what is around them this other world of wonder, to stop to think about what the destruction of the bushlands does and the devastation it causes to those that don't dwell in little boxes of glass and bricks.....
















 

No comments: