Thursday, September 10, 2020

Waking This Morning......


 Waking this morning feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude, realising that all the paths that I have taken in my life story lead me to this door, to this quirky little cottage nestled in this garden full of life that I call home.

With the first coat of paint  finally making it around the entire cottage in the past few weeks I have such a sense of achievement, but more than that I have found that with doing this rather huge task on my own I have somehow transformed myself as well.
Living a human life isn't about what school you attend, what grades you get, what career or job you might have, or about how much money you collect on your journey, it's about personal growth.

Spending no time dwelling in the past or dreaming about the future I reside completely in the present, I rarely make plans ahead of time for I find that I am much more peaceful flowing with what each day might bring when the sun rises to greet me.
How can one know how they might feel on any given day, how can they know what they are driven to do ahead of time?

For me simplicity is the key.

Being grateful for all I have, a roof over my head, food in my cupboard, a garden that brings such joy and gives such peace. Grateful for the very few real and beautiful souls that share my very private realm.
But mostly I am grateful to myself, for the dedication to living a life with meaning, not to be pulled into the expectations of a society that makes no sense to me, of having the courage to walk my unique path and live it in the way that resonates in harmony to my heart and not to the beat of another's drum.
I am grateful for working through the shackles of the past, the ones I had unconsciously chained myself with in a world that didn't seem to be anything other than painful and lonely.

People, relationships and situations come and go in life, and if we don't see the lesson about why  things go wrong and why these uncomfortable challenges keep happening, we need to realise that we are required to learn from them  otherwise we just keep getting the same again and again until the penny drops and we realise that there is some inner work to do.
Inner work is not for the faint of heart, for to look deeply at one's self and realise that you need to address something within yourself takes courage.
But if you find that courage and face yourself in the mirror it has life changing effects.

The past is the past and it no longer can affect us, yet so many walk a life story of identifying by what was done to them, or what they may have done to others, going around and around in circles wasting so much time thinking about things that have come and gone.
Dwelling in a dreamstate of wishing for the the future to come, or for finding a significant other who will somehow make everything perfect is also a waste of energy and time.
We need to learn to love ourselves, to forgive ourselves and to implement the changes needed to stop the patterns from reoccurring. 

Living in the moment you find yourself  flowing with what is in front of you it brings with it a state of serenity, even if what you are going through at that moment in time is not that great, keeping a peaceful heart will lead you out of the chaos and back to peacefulness, you simply have to breathe through it and flow with the river of life.
Growing through the baggage of the past does take time, learning to forgive and let go brings such grace to the heart, and a quietness to the soul.


Waking this morning to the haunting songs of the magpies as they sing in the still dark world brought a smile to face as I opened my eyes.
What if finding joy didn't come from money, possessions or a delusion of ones status in the society?
What if joy was found in life it's self?
What if you realised that joy doesn't come from accumulating money in your bank, or from collecting material possessions that are being forced on us by society as a way to give us a false sense of achievement?
What if joy and true richness came from watching a flower unfold?
Or of seeing the miraculous journey of an egg that in just 21 days brings a fluffy ball of new and vibrant life?
Of being so full of love by sitting with a purring cat, of watching the rain fall or the sun shine?
What if you found that being a part of life was the answer to all the dysfunction and sadness living in these times bring?

Each morning I go out into the garden, being there surrounded by nature as every new day dawns, it is here that my aboundace is found.
The miracle of life surrounds me.
The garden is bursting with life of all descriptions, flowers, insects, tiny mushrooms, birds and the arrival of my three newest chickens all give my life a richness that no money could provide.
Life is a sacred dance, one that millions take for granted as they plod through their days in an unconscious state driven by what the media forces on to them as a of way satisfying their wants and desires.

If only we as a species were as joyous as the magpies as we anticipated the rising of the sun each new morning, singing in our souls and having open and loving hearts ready to recieve the boons of life, what a completely different world we would reside in.....

No comments: