Thursday, September 10, 2020

A Stroll Around........

A stroll around the cottage today admiring my recent handywork.

One coat of paint is finally completed around the entire cottage, some parts were really dry so it was a test of my patience to get it all done, there is only the tricky bits around the laundry area that I can't reach that need to be done, but I need a hand to move the heavy washing machine.
But basically it is job done, well first coat job done!
The second coat will be a breeze now there is paint already covering the wood.
Of course one job leads to so many more, the white trim needs to be done, and the veranda posts replaced and painted, plus the paving.
But with beautiful music softly playing I find myself lost in a meditative state as I roll the paint on or help erect the patio, keeping present and very grateful for what I have achieved.
There is no hurry to complete everything though, it's taken me seven years to get this far.
And this was the vision I saw in my mindseye when I first viewed the cottage in such disrepair.

Seeing this once dowdy and neglected little home suddenly transform into this new vision of loveliness has been such a journey, one that I am very grateful for.
All the waiting, the hard work, learning new skills and basically simply enjoying this chapter of my life as I turned a vision into a reality.

I don't regret for a single moment my decision to swap a brand new modern home for this unloved piece of land and a house that had never been a home, the transformation has been astounding, a flourishing garden and now a happy vibrant dwelling radiating out a vibration of peace and contentment..........










 

2 comments:

luksky said...

Very cozy looking! Although, I have to admit I have never seen a laundry room on the outside of a house before.

William Kendall said...

The place is looking peaceful.