Thursday, February 27, 2020

With Dark Clouds....

 With dark clouds teasing us with the promise of rain on and off for the past few weeks I woke in the early hours this morning to the welcoming sound of rain falling. 
There is nothing quite like the sound of rain on a tin roof, such a soothing sound, listening snuggled in my bed as the rain fell giving the garden a much needed soaking after the intensity of a long hot and very humid summer.
The wind chimes outside my bedroom window gently played their song in tune with the rain as I drifted back off to sleep with the soothing sounds of the first proper rain of the year bringing a deep calmness to my soul.
I have always enjoyed winter to the relentless summer heat and I do miss a proper northern hemisphere winter of sleet and snow, there is something so purifying of a white winter, here though I am content with grey skies and rainy days, this morning is such a welcome relief to these long hot summer months.

A cloudy sky always draws my attention, the clouds add wonder to the normally clear blue Western Australian skies giving an atmosphere of mystery as they dance across the sky.
Many view a dark cloudy day as dismal, and those who I have encountered in the recent weeks have been saying that they really want it to rain, yet when it does these same people moan about the rain finally falling stating that it is a miserable day, how rain can be viewed as miserable is rather confusing to me, cleansing and purifying yes, but miserable, well I just don't understand that concept........







3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very dramatic skies!

Sharon said...

Love the cloud shots!

Gemel said...

They were very dramatic William.
Thank you Sharon.