Saturday, February 15, 2020

The Exquisite...

 The exquisite passionflower which decorates my front gate.
I am forever fascinated with how nature comes up with the array of flowers this planet has, every one different and all so beautiful and each year I look forward to the flowering of each plant that I have in my own garden, always stopping to admire each bloom as they appear. 
The passionflower bears no fruit however the flowers are used in tea, I use them when I am not sleeping well as they induce relaxation.
Each year I harvest the vine when it is in full bloom and then I hang the bundle up to dry for a few weeks until they are brittle to touch, then I can crush the dried leaves and flowers with my hands before placing them in a glass jar for when I need them for a soothing cup of flower tea.....



3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Sharon said...

Passion flowers have to be the most unusual blooms in the world. They probably aren't but they seem like it to me. Such wonderful detail in every bloom.

Gemel said...

I agree William, really a beautiful flower.

Yes Sharon they truly are unusual.