Monday, February 03, 2020

An Invasion......

 An invasion of the extremely noisy and colorful kind in the garden this morning when a family of rainbow lorikeets arrived .

I posted a video clip just before sharing the photos so you can get an idea of the noise levels these small birds can make.

Coming in for the sole purpose of having a splash in the freshly topped up birdbaths the flock took turns to bathe while ever chatting to each other, as the excitement of bath time grew the noise increased as well.

They are never still for very long so it was difficult to capture as many clear photographs as I would have liked, I was silently attempting to sneak up on them without them seeing me but they spotted me and got a bit agitated, so I used the zoom instead.

Their vibrant feathers were lighting up the trees with their rainbow colours, although I did also notice that they can manage to camouflage themselves too depending on the position of their bodies and the differing colours of the foliage, the wonders of Mother Nature endlessly surprise me.

The simple pleasure of natural encounters such as this expands my heart and feeds my soul.

How blessed I am to have such an abundance of life in my own private garden and the awareness to see how special it is.....



























2 comments:

luksky said...

Beautiful birds. We have some in the zoo here in Texas. They allow you to hand feed them little cups of nectar.

William Kendall said...

They are quite a crowd.