Saturday, February 01, 2020

A Trip To Ballingup......

A trip to Ballingup all the way back in 2016 to visit two close friends on a mini winter getaway when the travelling Frenchman was still staying with me.
Stopping halfway down we called in at a cafe in the middle of nowhere and this lichen cover tree caught my attention,it took me instantly back to recall the moss covered trees I so loved when I lived in the UK.

The cafe itself was unlike any other I had ever visited looking more like a collection of farm sheds than a cafe, but the coffee was hot and it warmed us up as I recall the day was very brisk.

The garden where stayed was absolutely wonderful, the garden around the house was pristine, yet my favourite part of the garden was the wild natural oasis that surrounded the house.

Little Jenna dog was content to frolic in the dew soaked grass running around chasing sticks as we were given a tour of the property.
This was where I discovered the pincushion hakea flowers for the very first time and I was instantly in awe of these spectacular flowers and have now three of them in my own garden.

It was a time of relaxing and enjoying several different teas that my friend Halcian likes to create from the gifts of her garden, we aptly named her the tea lady as her concoctions were like nothing I had ever had before..........


















































2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A beautiful area. The dog is adorable.

Gemel said...

It is such a beautiful area William, and Jenna is just gorgeous.