Friday, March 24, 2023

My Love Of Trees...

My love of trees has been with me since birth, being taken away from my culture at birth I didn't lose the intrinsic connection to the tree beings, these towering ancestors that surround me. I have always known in my heart that the tree spirits were special and that my connection to them was a gift. 
No matter where I have found myself in the world, it is always the forests, woods or bushlands that beckon me. 
It is amongst the trees that I feel most at home. 
Most supported and interestingly most seen. 
The trees themselves differ from continent to continent, even in this area close to the cottage the varying barks differ with the species of trees that grow in my local bush forest. 
All so magnificently beautiful.
Without the trees of course there would be no life. They also provide homes for all manner of creatures around the world. They provide shade and flowers; they bear fruits and nuts. 
They truly are silent majestic beings who give life to all upon the earth.
Each day I walk outside I see the canopies of these trees from my back garden, in the early morning light their leaves glisten in soft golden glow of dawn, and birdsong bursts from their branches as the birds call to the sun as it rises each day...































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Excellent shots.

Gemel said...

Thank you, they are excellent subjects.