Thursday, March 30, 2023

All Set For..

All set for a few hours walking along a new part of the bush today I was excited to see what the area was like, as I have said before the microsystems of the bush here are very diverse. And exploring new places means that I discover different plants insects' birds and marsupials. But something was making me feel uneasy, and it isn't often that I feel apprehensive out alone in the bush.

The ominous feeling got more intense the further I went along the path. The track was going deeper into one of the national parks and it is in quite an isolated part of the forest. The bushland quite dense and I couldn't hear anything, nor see any other people but the sensation to turn around wouldn't subside. 

Given that I rarely tell anyone where I am headed as mostly my choice of destination is spontaneous, I decided to heed the warning and turn around. All the while walking back to the car I felt very disquieted.

In this very brief walk, I was mostly interested in the amount of huge burnt trees that were left partly standing. I found them rather sculptural, all very unique. Perhaps I will return here another day and continue along the track to see what else lingers ahead...






































 







2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Moody shots.

It's best to tell someone where you're going. And it's never wrong to listen to that quiet voice of uneasiness if it tells you to turn back.

Gemel said...

Yes William, after this I will always tell someone where I am headed and time frame, it was a little unsettling.