Thursday, March 30, 2023

A Couple Of Hours...

A couple of hours wandering along with my camera and appreciating life, my life as well as all life that surrounds me. Having had an unexpected and serious health issue in the recent past where I did see my mortality and how swiftly things can change. Where I saw there was nothing else to do but to allow to be what was to be.

The cycle of life is something I have always been consciously aware of, spending as much time as I do with animals and in nature herself, seeing the never-ending circle of endings and beginnings keeps me aware of how each day is precious, and that none of us know one day to the next when it is our time to end this story and begin a new one. 

Seeing life as a gift and noting the other life forms that share this realm with me keeps life real for me. I am not distracted by things or keeping myself busy always doing, nor does the latest technology reel me in, nor do social media groups that give a false sense of self-worth and friendship tantalize me at all.

Being out with my camera observing and being observed keeps me humble and real. It reminds me how lucky I am to see the magical natural world around me, to find so much wonder and awe every day, in things most take for granted, or never take the time to see.

Whatever vista draws my attention, I really take the scene in, the tickle of the wind in my hair, sun on my skin, the scents and sounds. Capturing an image of my private moments and keeping this on-line diary of days keeps record of being me and gives me glimpses of the miraculous things that I see, moments that I treasure and beauty that inspires, creatures that amaze.

Watching a single dragonfly resting on a rock I zoomed in to admire the glistening beauty of this tiny being, how special they are, so beautiful and fragile. 
Even the colours in the rocks can open my heart, these ancient boulders worn away through time by rain and wind, how magnificent they are. 
I stopped so many times on my quiet meander through the bush, no other humans around, just me and the elements, in silent admiration I took in every detail and gave thanks for this amazing planet I call home...































































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Excellent shots, and beautiful birds.

Gemel said...

Thank you, William.