Saturday, March 11, 2023

How Often Does One...

How often does one ponder the magnificence of jellyfish? If you are like me, not terribly often!
After encountering this jellyfish, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to do some research on these mesmerising creatures. 
Jellyfish as I discovered go through six different cycles before they actually become a fully grown jellyfish. It can take years for them to make it to the final life cycle to become a jellyfish. 
Mostly we think of how annoying it is to go for a swim where jellyfish are present, but I know that I never took the time to think about the struggles they face to survive. 
Watching this one as it drifted silently through the murky river water, I realised I have a new appreciation for these fascinating creatures of the water...









 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I'm surprised they'd be in freshwater.

Gemel said...

We get a lot of them in the rivers here.