Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Inspiration Has Found Me...

Inspiration has found me after way too long of being distracted and generally rather blah!

I set myself a mission today to check out a new place I recently heard about, and even though the bushland was definitely showing signs of heat stress, the magic of the place touched my heart immediately.
A family of fairy wrens were flitting here and there, these tiny birds are simply magnificent. One of the trail walks I will do when the weather cools and the rains return is called, Blue Wren Ramble. 
The Ellis Brook Valley is around a 45-minute drive from the cottage and given that I like to hike just after dawn this should mean that I will have the place mostly to myself, with the birds of course for company. There are seven different trails to explore, so seven different adventures wait for me as the cooler months draw closer. 
These small yet somewhat brazen little birds did not seem to mind me being close to them, I took a few photos to show how tiny they are. So vulnerable, yet so full of life. 
I left smiling and sated, renewed somehow. 
Being out of the bushland for so long really has taken the joy out of life, the heat so draining and debilitating. 
Thankfully though, one brief encounter has been the remedy I needed, and to add even more pleasure to the day I even required a cardigan this morning, things are looking up...












































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Lovely birds!

Gemel said...

They are beautiful.