Friday, March 10, 2023

After The Rain...

After the rain Wednesday afternoon, I decided to head out for a short walk in the bush. The scents of the eucalyptus leaves and other fragrances drifted in the air, a breeze blew keeping the morning cool. Having only discovered this place last year I had not seen it in the drier months. The stream was completely dried up, the constant sound of the running water was part of what captivated me to this place.
 I still haven't done the whole 5 km loop, that I plan to do this year. 
Once the rains begin to set in, I will get out into the bush frequently, until then the risk of fires are enough to keep me from hiking.  The amount of dried and dead foliage in the bush this time of year is all the fuel required for catastrophe to occur, so until then short walks will be taken as autumn slowly shifts into winter...












































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A lovely area.

Gemel said...

It really is lovely here.