Monday, March 06, 2023

Feeling Frazzled.....

Feeling frazzled by the heat and a little fraught over situations and life in general has seen a lapse in going out with my camera, actually venturing outside has not been something I have enjoyed as the summer heat endured.  
I know that a lot of people tend to get down in the winter months, for me is the reverse. I get so exhausted by the heat and by summers end I normally end up depressed and wishing for a cooling breeze and a cloudy sky. 
Thankfully the past three days have been much cooler. Over the weekend I spent six hours each day doing a good cleanup of the garden and even several tip runs with garden waste and oodles of leaves. 
In the garden life is bountiful, the rose chested cockatoos and bringing their fledglings to the garden and I have had to feed the chickens after they leave as the flock is large and loud. I don't mind feeding a few but the other morning I lost count of how many there were waiting for feeding. 
With the change in the weather the red-tailed cockatoos have returned. Again, they have their fledglings with them. These birds are majestic and extremely special. Seeing them in the garden is viewed as a blessing.
Around the garden there are many changes happening, an indication that autumn thankfully on its way. The yuccas are in flower, they do need a few of the branches cutting down as the clump has become so bushy and tall. I will have to be quick in doing this as I have noticed that many of the birds are busy collecting for nest building and given the density of the yuccas this is a favorite place for rearing chicks.

Aslan is becoming very frail, and I need to carry him to bed each night. I am always happy to hear him crowing when I wake. He tends to stick to close to the cottage and snoozes most of the day. The hens are as boisterous as always, currently I have no clue where they are laying their daily eggs. The ravens know though and have been having a feast of late with five eggs per day. 
Even tidying up the garden over the weekend I didn't find their nest, very clever girls indeed.

Hopefully this pleasant cool weather will continue and as does I will also find joy and wonder returning to my realm also...






























































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Heat does the same to me. Beautiful birds!

Gemel said...

I hate the heat! Love the birds though.