Thursday, June 09, 2022

Next I Visited.....

Next I visited a quiet spot on the swan river actually driving nearer to the dark rain filled clouds in hopes that the rain would finally fall. Yet still never a drop did fall. The sky ominous and heavy with the tantalising gift of rain held tightly above. 
The river calm, although the birds all seemed aware of the approaching rain and kept hidden in the trees. A lone pelican and a few ducks glided along contentedly. 
I did discover two new varieties of grevilleas. There are 360 species of grevilleas so I have plenty more to come across. The red one was especially stunning, and not many grevilleas' are just one colour all over. There was also a lovely yellow banksia in flower and the delicate pink flowers of an eremophila gracefully dancing in the wind.....





















































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Pelicans seem such characters.

Gemel said...

I have to agree there William.