Wednesday, June 22, 2022

The Injured Duck..........


 The injured duck I was destined to save. 
Let me explain. 

Yesterday I had a fleeting thought about going to Stirk park for a walk, and then promptly changed my mind and headed somewhere else. Was so disappointed when I got there I didn't even get out of the car, so I decided that Stirk Park it would be. 
Setting off on what I thought was going to be a long walk I felt the urge to head towards a quiet spot of the park. A part of the park that I had not intended heading towards, yet felt so drawn to go to that particular spot.

There I find little duck.

Little duck was injured and in his current state easy prey for a wayward dog, or humans who aren't too nice. 
Heading back to the car I phoned the wildlife helpline yet all operators were busy on other calls.
So, I grabbed a cardigan from the car and headed back. 
My plan to catch the duck and take him to a vet. Catching the duck was easy as he couldn't walk well. Next I asked a local man walking his dog where the nearest vet might be.
Luckily it was in walking distance. 

So off I walked to the vet with little duck swaddled carefully in my arms. Little duck will be checked over by a vet and kept there until the wildlife rehabilitation people came to collect him. 
I was assured that he will be taken back to Stirk Park and his family should he be able to he healed.

As I strolled back to my car I realised that I was meant to find and help this duck. 
I often have conversations about whether life is just a series of random occurrences or if it's all synchronistic. 
I feel that life is not an accident. 
Everything and everyone we encounter is meant to be. 
When I thought about this incident with little duck I realised that it must take a great deal of energy to get us all going in the directions we need to each day. 
I thought about how much intuition plays such an important and regular role in my everyday life, and how often when I listen to my inner voice good things happen or I avoid something that could have been disastrous. 

In a world that is designed to keep us distracted and disconnected from our inner selves, a way of life that is not in tune with nature, I found myself immensely glad and grateful that I am not one of the crowd. 
Instead, I flow with the natural rhythm of my own intuition and of the natural world around me......

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good of you to do.

Gemel said...

Thank you William, always save a life if I am able.