Tuesday, June 21, 2022

A Brief Walk.....

A brief walk to check out the recent changes to the pond at Stirk Park in Kalamunda was cut short by an emergency. 
More about that in my next post! 

I pass this park frequently on my travels and had noticed that something was going on around the pond, at one stage to my horror there was absolutely no water in the pond over the summer. 

Stopping to admire one of the oldest trees at the park as I made my way to the pond I did marvel at the roots of this gracious matriarch. Over time how often had her roots been mown over? Did that cause her pain or stress? I did ponder these exact thoughts as I stood in admiration of her resilience to survive.  

Given that many European trees had been planted here, this park does take me on a journey of reminiscence. The autumn has left its mark on the deciduous trees, they stand bare against the brisk winter months ahead. 

The pond renovation meeting my approval as I realised that they have provided a sanctuary island for the water birds for breeding and for safely against those humans that cause these gentle creatures harm.

However shortly after making this discovery, I had an emergency on my hands..... 

























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The sanctuary island is a good initiative.

Gemel said...

It really is William.