Wednesday, June 01, 2022

It Seems So Long...

It seems so long since I posted a morning meander around the garden. Greeted by this magpie as I went out to greet the brisk morning air. Mr magpie was happy to pose for a photo as I ambled on to let the chicken folk out for the day. Aslan not rushing out, I don't really blame him. 

The pincushion hakeas are still blooming, I love the flowers on these trees and I await each autumn for their flowering season. Still too cold this morning for the insects and bees to be out so there was no buzzing to be heard. Some of the flowers had been bitten off by a feasting bird who discarded them once it had eaten it's fill. There were a few birds flitting about, most though were nowhere to be seen. 

Many bushes are now covered with flowers, autumn and winter here are such colourful seasons, everything coming awake after shutting down to survive through the heat of summer.
As the garden began to wake more chirps could be heard, but with numb fingers it was inside I headed to the warmth of the fire and a waiting Nala......







































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Of course that last shot must be my favourite.

Gemel said...

Nala will be very happy!