Monday, June 20, 2022

As Winter Begins.........

As winter begins my garden comes alive. Flower buds all getting nearer to unfolding the beauty still held tightly within so many buds. Rain drops glistening in the sun like billions of diamonds spread out across my garden, so magical and beautiful, so special. The hakeas and grevilleas are all flowering, their magnificent flowers bringing an air of opulence to the garden as they always do. 

I noticed the tiniest of snails on my datura plant. So perfect. I had never seen such a tiny snail before. A fly was also spotted on a leaf having a rest. The most interesting vision though was of one of the sargent ants gently walking on one of the jade plants. I was mesmerised, and actually I should not have stood still. As where there is one usually more are lurking about. A bite from one of these is extremely painful. But I have a colony of them living next to the shed, way down the back. I admire and respect them. They appear to do the same.

A feel so blessed, and so humbled and inspired daily by my garden. 
The food and flower meadow is thriving. And as the weather cools, more magical moments are coming my way......








































































 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Such a magical place to call your own.

William Kendall said...

The chickens look at ease.

Gemel said...

I am very grateful for my magical garden Sharon.

They are very relaxed William.