Friday, June 10, 2022

Another Thing.......


 Another thing I have rediscovered of late is the absolute joy of snuggling up in fluffy places and curling up with a proper good book. 
This book The Messenger by Markus Zusak of The Book Thief fame might have to be the most original and can't put down book I have read in a very very long time.
 I am contemplating ever. 
Yes, I found it that good!
Anyway, I don't quite recall when I stopped having a book with me wherever I went, I shall swiftly add though, I have enjoyed being reacquainted with the of a choosing a book, and the opening the first page. 
It's then the scent of the paper drifts up and as you breathe in you begin a journey, a journey that can take you to millions of places. 
For me reading on a device is not something I can ever imagine I would fnd stimulating or relaxing. With a book though it is so tactile and hypnotising, as page after page is turned it is off onto a voyage you embark, not knowing where it will lead you.....

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I only read books as they are, not on a device.

Gemel said...

Dito!