Sunday, May 15, 2022

Setting Off Again....

Setting off again yesterday to explore a part of the Darling Ranges that I had not been to before. Living in the Darling Ranges myself I am lucky not to travel too far to find a new place to hike.
The bushland here different to where I was yesterday and a thought crossed my mind how easy it would be to get lost if you got off the path. 
And that is exactly what happened on my way back to the car.  
Luckily I realised that I was passing things I didn't see on the path I had followed going the other way.
So turning around I eventually discovered where I had gone wrong. 
It was a valuable lesson for me given I walk alone. 
I don't normally tell anyone where I am going on my adventures. However from now on when I am venturing to places new to me I will let people know my destination and time frame.

Parts of the forest once again had fire damage through parts of it. This time though it appeared it was part of what they call a planned burn. 
Planned or not the result is the same. 
The burnt bushland looks eerie and in these areas it is also very quiet no birds flitting about as there is nowhere for them to go safely, no food for them to eat, no shelter from predators.

The hike was quite challenging as I was up and down hills, at one point I was high enough to see an endless vista of trees which showed me how vast this forest is. 
Untouched by the humans, pristine as it should be. 

Although I could hear many birds singing in the trees I didn't see many. I did see a beautiful orb spider resting on her web, such fascinating creatures. Not many flowers are out in the bushlands as yet either but I did see many other fascinating things, different textures of the bark as well as many other sculptural delights that only Mother Nature has the supreme knack of creating.....












































































 










































3 comments:

Sharon said...

There's a lot to see in the bush.

William Kendall said...

Excellent shots.

Always, always tell someone where you're going.

Gemel said...

There really is so much to see Sharon.

Thank you William. Yes a valuable lesson in letting someone know where I am headed.