Friday, May 13, 2022

Come Walk With Me.........

Come walk with me through the bush which was almost shimmering this morning, refreshed after yesterday's glorious downpour. The last time I visited Noble Falls there wasn't even a trickle dripping over the edge of these small falls. Today the wonderful sound of the gently flowing current soothed  my soul. 

There was rain on the way when I set off yet I missed it completely on my two hour hike. 
Being out here alone was like food for my senses, out early surrounded by nature and not another person in sight. Following my usual track for a while I decided to branch off and follow another path to see where it lead.  I am always floored by the astounding beauty of nature and today was no exception. No matter how many times I may visit a place I realise that nothing is as it was before. The foliage shifts and changes, growing and dying. The unending cycle of life.

Fires cause devastation and then the bush is miraculously reborn. This will be the second winter since the savage fire tore through here. There is something so humbling walking through land that has been savaged by fire. The remnants of the destruction still clearly visible. Yet in the rawness of the loss there is a flawless perfection. The darkened branches of burnt out trees rising up against a cloudy sky were stark yet stunning reminders of how many Grandmother trees were lost. Yet, from the base of their mighty trunks new saplings surge forth.
So much captivated me as I walked. Sometimes I would stop, mouth agape, stilled by the incredible vistas before me. I felt the urge to tell the tree or scene that it had moved my heart because such beauty should be not only be admired but also thanked. 
We humans think we know everything, yet we do not know how the plants and trees sense our presence, or even if they understand when one is amazed by the creative splendour of our Earthy Mother. 
What do we ever truly know? For we are not a tree, a plant, a bird.

Sated I headed back to my car. My spirit felt revved. My body invigorated. My senses renewed. I felt tiny as I gazed upward towards the darkening sky, marvelling at the magnificence surrounding me. How blessed I feel to be so deeply connected to Gaia, this abundant and giving globe I call home....



































































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So eloquently narrated Gem. I felt I was almost with you on your walk through the wonderment! Ellen

Gemel said...

Thank you Ellen, so glad you enjoyed the virtual walk.