Friday, May 06, 2022

An Afternoon Stroll

An afternoon stroll around my local lake was a perfect way to end the day. I seldom come to the lake for a walk, why, I don't really know as it is such a calming place. 
The bush was filled with the cheerful calls from many birds, yet I only encountered a few. Another scarlet robin, a fairy wren near the waters edge and a bird high up on a dead branch which I had not seen before. 
The bushland here much different than the bush I visited Wednesday. Here the trees are taller and the understory far more tangled and dense. 
Many things caught my eye, from bark  of trees to the clear water, as well as a rather marvelous spiders web. 
Even the lake itself was quiet as most of the water birds have flown off to distant places as the winter months approach. Although given we are part way through autumn and still no sign of rain they could have possibly stayed to enjoy the unseasonal warm sunny days....


















































 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

What a great place to walk and observe nature. I loved seeing the coots floating on the water and that robin is stunning!

Gemel said...

It is a lovely place Sharon. The robin is quite stunning I agree.

William Kendall said...

A lovely lake.

Gemel said...

It is William.