Tuesday, May 17, 2022

My Second Destination.....

My second destination yesterday was back to the Swan River, this time once again nearer the city. Cormorants were seen here enjoying the warm sunny day and to my delight several groups of black swans. I am pleased to be seeing black swans on a more regular basis, for a time they were rarely spotted. It seems that their numbers are now increasing in two places that I have been walking of late, here and at Joondalup Lake. 
There was also a large group of seagulls resting on the sandy shoreline and to my delight a couple taking a bath. 
The most intriguing of all the birds seen were oystercatchers. Some were hunting along the river's edge for the native mussels. Three others were after worms in the grass. 
A beautiful stroll along the river's edge with plenty to see made for a perfect end to another hot autumn day... 


















 













































































No comments: