Saturday, May 28, 2022

Moments Of.....


 Moments of reflection to simply sit and be, enjoying the ambience of your surroundings and the love of those who share you life brings clarity to the soul. 
Living my life a little differently to many I don't plan ahead too much, I welcome each day as the wondrous blank canvas it is. 
Even on my working days there is always spontaneity. 
It's in these moments of being still and quiet that inspiration comes.

Recently though the inspiration is to create, no just through my garden and photos, but now I have been drawn to sewing. 
I have dabbled with sewing over the the past 12 years, yet never have I been as inspired to create with a needle and thread as I am now. My imagination is giving me many ideas, and that truly is a first when it comes to sewing and myself. 
Yet, with the things that I wish to create I always have another in my mind when dreaming of a new project. Gifting my creations is what my heart wishes to do. Having just sent a surprise package to a loved one many miles away I found that packing up my handmade gifts so enriching to my soul.

 It is easy to go to a shop to purchase something. And there are those of us who think that the amount of money or the "label" of something proves our devotion or love for another. 
But I can honestly say, that nothing has made me so happy as to create handmade gifts and send them on their way. 
The anticipation I felt as I tracked this package across the miles also added to the joy of giving. And when the package was opened and an array of goodies was found  at the other end the joy was then contagious. 
I know sewing is not for everyone, but giving surely is. 
Giving without a reason. 
Giving just because you can, because someone is worth it.
Mostly though, giving from your heart.....

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

About the only sewing I am capable of is tightening buttons.

Gemel said...

I am learning it takes practice.