Saturday, October 28, 2023

Sometimes I Get To...

Sometimes I get to witness truly special moments when out with my camera. 
Nothing was as precious as observing the hatching of some willy wag tail chicks. 
The nest high up on a branch overhanging a lake. I was perched, camera on zoom watching the mother moving around. There was definitely action happening in the nest. 
Taking a look around the area at what else was happening I noticed on my next glance that mum had got off and was allowing a chick to escape its egg. 
Her tenderness easily seen as she looked on lovingly. 
She did this a couple of times as other babies broke their shells and made their way into the world. 
I was in astonishment at being here to see this private moment, albeit from a distance. 
I will head back to the cafe where this family is located next week, hopefully by then I will be able to glimpse the chicks within the nest as well as soak up the ambience of these relaxing grounds...



































 

No comments: