Sunday, October 29, 2023

Silky Oak Splendour

Silky oak splendour graces the garden once again, her second season of flowering and what a show she's putting on. So many different species of birds are flying in to enjoy the succulent flowers. Many I haven't seen before, and I don't recall so many coming last year.. The activity in the tree is unbelievably busy. 
Attaining a clear photo of the birds has proved a challenge given how swiftly they move from one flower to the next. There is also a lot of chasing off going on between the species, there appears to be a bit of feeding frenzy going on, these flowers certainly are too good to share it seems. 
 As well as an array of birds, bees are also being drawn in by the scent of the flowers. The number of bees on one flower was not something I have seen before. 
Shifting my vantage point several times to observe the action saw several hours slip away as the hum of life carried on around me... 









 















No comments: