Sunday, October 01, 2023

Greeted By Ducks...

Greeted by ducks as I set off to explore a new area by the Swan River. 
As the weather warms, I will tend to migrate my meanders to places near the water. 
This place was only small yet, quite different. It had a little fairy circle which I am sure will give children a bit of fun. 

There was also the most unusual toilet block I have ever seen; it was closed due to being out of order. I took photos from several different angle as it was so artistic. 

Other than that, the trees and birds captivated me. Nesting rainbow lorikeets were extremely loud, these birds are not native to Western Australia, and they have a dreadful impact on our native parrots with their aggressive nature. 

There were three bee hives in the park, these also pose issues for nesting native birds, the bees are not the native bees, but those introduced from Europe, again, their presence alters the harmonic balance of the native species...



































































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots!

Gemel said...

Thank you.