Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Going Down To Check.....

Going down to check on my mini flower meadow yesterday afternoon I was watched as I passed the seed bucket in case some was thrown out. Disappointed the galahs soon moved on with a squawking protest as they flew off.  
The flowers are really bringing a happy vibe to this corner of the garden. There are buds galore waiting to open and the insects are still coming in droves. There are still plants that haven't begun to flower and I am not actually sure of what to expect which adds to the fun. As it is the colours really are so alluring to me as well as the many insects that are drawn to the meadow.
With the hotter months heading towards us I am not sure if the delicate flowers will survive the relentless heat of summer. I might sow a few more seeds now so they have the protection of the more established plants.
I also checked on the fig tree and noticed that the first fig of the season has already been nibbled and it is not even ripe as yet. Last year the birds beat me to all the figs. I don't like to net fruiting trees as it is unnatural, plus I really don't mind sharing the harvest of the garden. 
The blueberries seem to be safe from the birds as I have placed that in a more secluded part of the garden. The berries are ripening slowly and are so delicious......





















 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Excellent shots!

Gemel said...

Thank you William.