Tuesday, November 22, 2022

My Next Stop......

My next stop yesterday was to visit Kings Park in the city and investigate a part of the parklands that I had not been to for many years. In the time that had lapsed between visits this area had really transformed. I can't recall there being any sculptures here in previous visits and I was impressed by these wonderful creations. 
A few ducks were enjoying the large pond and there was a colony of bees feasting on what appeared some sort of algae that was growing in some of the plants planted in the pond itself. They were upside down and flying in an almost drunken way as they filled themselves up with whatever was drawing them. Even on the flowers seen near by the bees were definitely appearing a little intoxicated by the amount of nectar they were consuming. 
Finally parking myself under a shady tree I decided to sit and soak up the buzzing energy of the land and lay back on the grass to rest awhile......... 


























































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The sculptures are fascinating.

Gemel said...

They really are fabulous pieces.