Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Visiting Zanthorrea Nursery.....

Visiting Zanthorrea Nursery is always a pleasant experience and yesterday was no exception. The rare green bottlebrush was in flower and I stopped to admire these unusual blooms. The only place I have ever seen green flowering bottlebrushes is here, when asked it the nursery sells this plant the answer was no. It is extremely difficult to obtain or to propagate it seems.

Sitting to admire the quiet ambience I was overjoyed to see the appearance of a quenda. Keeping still as the tiny beauty was busy digging under a seat oblivious to my presence. Quendas are incredibly cute, especially the tiny babies. There were several babies however they kept to the safety of the plant canopy and I was happy just to observe this little one scurrying about.

The next thing that I noticed was a new frilled neck lizard sculpture which was a rather striking.
And then of course there were the frogs.
In my garden my frogs remain hidden and I only know of their presence with their croaking serenades to the moon. Coming here though in the warmer months frogs can always be found soaking up the sunshine and happy enough to pose for a photo........



















 

No comments: