Friday, November 25, 2022

Finally.....

Finally I have been able to get a photo of one of the grey currawongs that have started coming to the garden. Hidden by the branches and the light wasn't that good as the sun was still not quite risen. The currawongs are pretty birds with quite an unusual call. I heard them well before I saw one. Sadly though they are after the chicks in the garden. A lot of the smaller honeyeaters have nests all through the garden in the bushier growth. Thankfully if I appear in the garden the currawongs fly off.  Babies safe to live another day.
Other early morning visitors were the lovely pink and grey galahs. Not too noisy as it was early even for them. They kept an eye on where I was headed with the food I had in my hand. Rice is not a favourite so they stayed in the trees.
A little honeyeater though was rather grateful of the hearty breakfast and scooped up a beak full before flying off.....








 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

They make very good company.

Gemel said...

That they do.