Saturday, January 25, 2020

Grevillea's Always.....

 Grevillia's always draw my attention when I see them blooming in a garden or nursery, their otherworldly flowers so unique, although they do not have much of a scent to the human nose, these flowers are like a beacon calling in the bees and insects to feast on the nectar and pollen the flowers ooze.
They are one of my favourite Australian flowers and the diversity the species displays with it's flowers is impressive, the colours and designs of the flowers are so unusual and range in size from very tiny to some which are quite large.
Bees are always buzzing around these plants when in flower busy gathering food for their hives and I am always happy to stop for awhile to be still and watch as they go about their daily gatherings......
   


 


2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite different to my eyes.

Gemel said...

They are extraordinary flowers.