Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Discovering....

 Discovering this tiny white crab spider, (also known as the flower spider) in the garden as it was waiting for insects to show up to hunt for it's breakfast.
Unlike most spiders it doesn't weave a web but rather hunts amongst the foliage and flowers, which is why it is rarely seen.
Being incredibly small and with the wind moving the leaves it was difficult to get a close photograph of this little creature.
Our gardens are such fascinating places, stepping into our gardens we can venture into another realm entirely if we slow ourselves down and stop to admire and wonder and the perfect world of Mother Nature.
I can become lost in my own little garden for hours upon hours as I quietly observe the miracle of life that overflows in my garden, better than any program on a computer or television, the real world holds far more wonderment for me, endlessly surprising me with things I had never seen before.

Nature is our most precious gift, it needs to be protected, nurtured and loved.......


2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Terrific macros.

Gemel said...

Thank you William, it was very windy so it proved a challenge.