Sunday, January 19, 2020

Gliding In....

 Gliding in and gracefully landing in the branches above my head a lone red-tailed cockatoo and her baby made my morning all the more special with their appearance.
On the endangered list I am always happy to see them in the sky and as their cries echo out when they fly overhead I always stop to acknowledge their presence, to have them in my garden is viewed as a blessing by me.
The baby was curiously looking down as I curiously looked up, more colour to it's feathers than it's mother such a beautiful and healthy fledgling too.
The two cape lilac trees that I have in the very back of the garden attract these birds, as do all the water bowls and bird baths I have scattered around the garden, as the garden becomes bushier by the day these birds seem to view the shady canopies as a safe haven to rest in or they to take advantage of the array of fresh water on these dry dusty days of relentless summer heat.

The observer being observed is a daily happening in my garden, I do often ponder what they are thinking while they watch me, as I watch them I know I take in every minute detail, and as I get to know these wild birds, I am able to recognise the individual birds as I memorise the distinctive personal patterns in their feathers and their faces, as like us no two are the same.....






2 comments:

Sharon said...

Pretty spectacular. It must be wonderful to have all these colorful visitors stop by your garden.

William Kendall said...

Lovely birds.