Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Discovered.....


Discovered this little bird is not a kookaburra as I first thought, but rather a  grey butcher bird.

Having a beak  that looked like that of the kookaburra was what made me think it was one, but with further investigation I found out it was a grey butcher bird.
They are aggressive predators so the little birds in the garden need be wary.
The garden is attracting such an array of new birds, with the garden becoming a mini woodland more each day with the canopies of the trees growing and offering more homes and food, more birds are coming to feed, breed and relax in the garden which has been designed to feed and house them.

The abundance of the garden feeds my soul as I watch the abundance of life it brings in to share it with me........

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's a new one to me.

Sharon said...

He's a handsome fellow!

Gemel said...

He was a new one to me too, and yes a handsome little guy.