Sunday, March 17, 2024

Returning To...

Returning to one of my favourite walking tracks presented me with mixed emotions, on one had I was delighted to under a canopy of leaves once again being able to feel the deep pulsations of the earth beneath my feet. On the other hand, however the sight of so much death amongst the bushland was heartbreaking. 
With not having had much rainfall last winter and an epic summer of relentless heat the lack of water has taken its toll.
 Fallen trees littered the landscape giving it a morbid appearance. 

With autumn not really bringing with it cooling weather and much needed rain, the threat of fires still continues which makes ambling in the bush a risky pastime. 
Hopefully soon the arrival of rain will nourish the earth again and revive this dry and dusty land...




































 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Our climate situation has taken a serous toll on mother earth. I hope as winter approaches you get some much needed rain.

Gemel said...

It really is Sharon. I hope we have a wet winter this year, otherwise it is going to be disastrous for the land.