Friday, March 01, 2024

Days After...

Days after being gifted my new outdoor setting a injured duck appeared in the garden and has taken up residence under the patio. I did catch her to take to the wildlife rescue centre, however she did not settle in the cage, and I had to let her go during the night.  If she had stayed in the cage overnight, she would have damaged herself as she was throwing herself against the cage, after several hours I knew she wanted out. 
She is improving each day, and is now once again interacting with the flock, I am not sure what the problem is, however she is eating and drinking and appearing stronger by the day. She does not seem keen to fly though. She must have flown to get here; she is still quite young so maybe in a few weeks she will take to the air. 
She has taken over the settee and the coffee table, so I had to get inventive to keep them from being soiled. Now I have a chatty little duck who chats to me continually when I am outside be it relaxing under the patio or, wandering around the garden...




 

No comments: