Sunday, March 24, 2024

A Relaxing Morning...

A relaxing morning was spent last week, sipping coffee as my gaze was drawn to the ducks and a pair of Eurasian coots on the pond beneath the balcony. 
Whilst the ducks seemed to be having a somewhat lazy day, the coots however were busy titivating their nest. Nest building is fascinating, each species having their own unique way in creating their temporary home. As I observed the comings and goings of the father bringing new sticks and leaves to the nest, it got me thinking as to how they begin this woven floating creation. That would be something I would love to witness, the beginnings of one of these fascinating nests. The mother got off the nest briefly and I noticed five eggs, breeding pairs become very aggressive and anyone coming near the nest, or their young chicks will be dealt with swiftly. They will kill young ducks and grebes when defending their chicks. 
Time loses all meaning when I am out watching nature. It is here that peacefulness shrouds me, and a nourishing boost of inspiration cloaks my soul...



























 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Wonderful avian company