Monday, March 18, 2024

Ostriches...

Ostriches caught my attention and made me do a double take, as they are not something one would normally see driving the country roads of Western Australia. 
To my surprise there were several ostriches in the field as well as one emu. 
The emu seemed to upset about something and was vocalising its worry as it paced a safe distance away from the ostriches. Perhaps it was calling to a mate? 
I tried to catch the attention of the ostriches so that they might move closer to the fence, they however ignored all attempts and kept to the middle of the field.
 It certainly made my day seeing these immense birds, as it was completely unexpected. I sometimes do see emus on my travels through the bush, but ostriches, well that is another thing entirely. 
I was surprised at how bulky the ostriches are next to the emu, although they were about the same height, the ostriches definitely have a bulkier body, or is it simply more feathers... 






 

No comments: