Monday, March 04, 2024

Little Duck..

Little duck had disappeared for a few days, I was slightly concerned for her wellbeing, however tuning into her I flet she was okay. I had seen her interacting with the flock before her disappearance, and she did seem to have a male admirer following her around. I had also noticed that she was appearing stronger, and she had begun flapping her wings something that was lacking when she first arrived.
Keeping my outdoor furniture covered seems to be the best idea given I don't know when she is going to turn up. 
When she arrived yesterday it was straight on to the coffee table where she soon settled down. She allows me to be very close to her, and is constantly quacking when I near her, perhaps telling me all about her adventures, or thanking me for the care I have given her. 
When wild animals trust us with helping them it is really special especially for a being as tiny as a little duck. On waking this morning, I noticed that she has disappeared again during the night, but now I know that she is getting more independent I won't worry for her as much when she is not here. Hopefully in the coming months she will find her first mate and return full time to life at the lake...

 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

A cute little one.