Friday, August 14, 2020

With The Roof......

With the roof going on the patio yesterday afternoon I moved all the chairs around to the back of the house to place them where they will be from now on, this exercise alone really changed the dynamics of the garden and the cottage.
Unfortunately we didn't get all the roof on as there was only one polycarbonate sheet instead of the two which were ordered, so I will now have a short wait before they go up as the builder is off on holidays for two weeks.
These two polycarbonate sheets will let a bit of light into this area, which is a really good idea.
I wasn't expecting them as part of the roof so I was pleasantly surprised.

The digging out of the patio area and repaving it is going to wait awhile longer, as much as I want this area to be finally completed after nearly seven years of dreaming of it the veranda on the driveway side of the house is really the main priority as the rotting wood really is a safety concern, so that will be done next.
Moving here nearly seven years ago with a head filled with inspiration and not much money I knew it would take a long time for my vision to become a reality. 
It is amazing what can be done on a shoestring budget, it might take longer but I have found that the more you wait, the greater the achievement is.

Over the years a lot of people have put their energy in to helping me do things around the cottage and garden, but as the years have gone by I have begun changing things and moving things that were not really what I wanted.
The more I imprinting my own vision the more smoothly the changes are manifesting.

I can put up with the so called paving area a little longer, there is no timeline for completion, I have waited seven years for this so another few months is neither here nor there.

Looking forward to the sun rising this morning to see it in the daylight, yesterday afternoon it began to rain as the sheets were being placed in position and it was nearly dark when we finished and my phone didn't really capture the images I took in the dim light...... 














 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to be sitting there enjoying a coffee with you. Got a beautiful hand made Xmas present being made that will fit in so well. You inspire me xxxx