Sunday, August 02, 2020

The First Task Yesterday........


The first task yesterday after doing the housework and washing was to mow the back garden, much needed as it was very overgrown and rather wild.
I also did two walks around the garden after the mowing and general tidying up, some photos are from the morning, some from the late afternoon when the light brings that certain magical quality to the earth, there are a few photos showing the same areas taken in different light and also from a slightly different perspective. 
How grateful I am to have this secret and life filled garden, moving to this place nearly seven years ago has helped me transform my life, I have said before that when I arrived here I was as broken and run down as was this tiny neglected property.
And together we have found our way to flourish and bloom.

If the people who visit my blog take anything away from this diary of my days its the importance of nature and how personal gardens can nourish and heal the soul.

The slow transformation of this garden and little cottage of mine has matched the progress I have made healing my own life, and now after a lot of physical and emotional healing on my part and lots of nurturing to my tiny garden paradise it is reflecting to the word how healed I am, how healed this land is too.

For those that do not venture out in nature, or do not understand the connection of healing and the earth perhaps they will not fully understand the connection our Earth Mother offers to us freely.
I was in awe of this place I call home yesterday, I have found my peace in this little place of abundance.
For me this garden is my medicine, the healing this garden has gifted me is priceless, and as each day passes into the next more and more unfolds as the garden continues to grow and change with each passing day giving me so much joy.
Most of the native flowers are now flowering in the garden, and as always I find myself mesmerised as I marvel at each one, each flower attracts specific birds and insects, and given the diversity of the plants I have I now have a huge range of birds and insects living in and visiting the garden each day.

I miss nothing in my garden, each plant is known to me, each flower is appreciated and acknowledged as the miracle it is, for the gift of colour it brings to the garden, for the fragrance it releases attracting birds and insects into the garden.
I am humbled continuously by the amount of wild birds that flock here each day,especially the ducks, with a large lake not very far from my door it constantly amazes me that they prefer my secluded garden to life on the lake, a couple of the ducks always staying here until night falls upon us once again before disappearing to their roost for the night.
Having my chicken family roaming free in the garden is also another aspect of happiness, not kept for their eggs or meat, I eat neither, instead they are here to live a life of freedom as is their birthright.
Their antics bring laughter on a regular basis and watching their gentle relationships with each other warms my heart.

Next week the roof of the patio extension will be erected and this will change the dynamics of my little realm, shortly after that the back area will be brick paved and finally after years of wishing I will have a entertaining area for when my beloved family and friends visit, and also a place for me to relax under the shade in the intense summer months.
With gentle music playing as I pottered around the garden yesterday I felt so deeply honoured and at peace, birds sitting in the trees watching me as I worked in the garden, or perhaps they were enjoying the medicine songs playing and simply came to listen to the music as it floated out into the garden spreading the vibrations of love..........






















































































2 comments:

Just Jood said...

Thankyou for sharing your beautiful garden. It is glorious with the spring flowers and so peaceful.

Unknown said...

So stunning and peaceful. Just reading and looking at your photos filled me with love and a sense of calm. You and your home and gardens and animal family have come a long way. So proud of you. You are the gem in my crown 👑💖😘