Thursday, August 06, 2020

Sitting Outside......


Sitting outside with my coffee admiring the huge changes to the cottage this morning after yesterday's work had my imagination running wild. 
Once the tin roof has been put on the dynamics of this area will change again, then the ground has to be dug out and leveled before the new brick paving is done which is going to be a pretty massive job, I enquired about getting a new laundry sink for the laundry area as the one that is there has seen better days and given we are making such fresh changes the old sink is going to look rather out of place once everything is done.
One of my friends has given me a hammock which will be hung up too, I am thinking next to the kitty outdoor pen, that way they may calm down a bit when they are outside, currently they are only really settled when I go into the enclosure with them, maybe swinging in the hammock next to them might quiet them down.
What I am most surprised about with the framework  going up is how much this space is going to give me, a fabulous place to enjoy the garden on wet days or when the summer heat is too intense to be out in the sun,  and to finally have a usable outdoor entertaining area. As it is since I moved here there really hasn't been anywhere undercover that I could comfortably fit more than two people.

Grateful for the way life is flowing, a dream vision I had when I first stood here looking at the cottage for the very first time in its neglected state, in my mind's eye I always pictured the cottage painted a soft lilac, I saw the garden that I have created, knowing in my heart that this once rundown place would become the magic place it now has transformed into. 
A place of serenity, it is like being surrounded by a gentle hug, and the more that is done the more peaceful it becomes.
With the cottage now matching the gentleness of the garden I find myself in constant thankfulness at how one moment leads to another and that dreams really do turn into reality even if it does take a little while and a lot of physical work to get there.

Energy goes where energy flows, and mine has been flowing into the transformation of this tiny plot of earth turning it into my own private mini paradise.........  

No comments: